(Yes, this includes writers, craftsmen, filmmakers…ALL our artists)
It’s that time again! Pitch Portfolio is back with a vengeance. Got a new or ongoing project?
We’re all about firing up your career, and this is the next installment of our professional development suite offered to Registered Artists only.
Here’s how to participate:
- Become a 2016 Altekrea Artist
- Submit a Portfolio by June 3rd 2016
- Deliver your Pitch at Altekrea over June 18-19 2016 (you will be scheduled a slot)
And the winner’s reward?
- $2000.00 plus professional mentor-ship in the execution of your project.
Pitches will be delivered on the main stage during Altekrea in June to an arms-length panel of 5 jury members. You can incorporate physical visuals if desired; however, additional tech support will not be provided for any visual support.
You must download and fill out the portfolio application below. Some details you will be asked for are:
- Project details and goals
- Budget demonstrating how you would use the money (template provided if you need)
- Proof your project is viable
- Explanation of why your endeavour is relevant to the arts or your industry
- Explanation of why you should receive the grant
- Samples (maximum 5 additional pages, and 1 single disc)
To be considered for the award, 6 HARD COPIES (including all supporting material – e.g. 6 discs if you are providing a disc) of your portfolio must be RECEIVED by June 3rd 2016 by mail or in person to:
Altekrea Mailing Location
7 Willow St.
Waterloo, ON, N2J 1V6
Kitchener Drop Off Location
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a drop off.
To apply to the 2016 Pitch-Portfolio Competition, start by downloading the following documents by clicking in the icon.
(Note: For the PDF, you must download the document onto your computer to access the fill-out functions of the form)
Pitch Portfolio Q&A
On May 19th we met up at The Adventurer’s Guild cafe for sammies, drinks, and a thorough Q&A session with Altekrea staff. Here are the answers to some of the most popular questions.